Five Important Tips for Managing Remote Teams
How to help your teams stay productive and collaborative.
Are you new to managing a remote team? Herman Miller's Vice President of Digital Innovation, Ryan Anderson, has had the chance over the last decade to manage several and to study remote work with some very insightful colleagues from leading tech companies. Based upon those experiences, here are his five best suggestions to get started on the right foot.
- Understand the challenges of helping everyone stay connected and engaged.
- Use web meetings sparingly and rely on tools that keep you connected throughout the day.
- Make sure important conversations and decisions include remote team members.
- Get creative with ideas for socializing digitally.
- Regularly check in with team members and establish outcome-driven performance metrics.